This week, BIIC was awarded a $1,500 seed grant from GeorgiaBikes! and the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety! This grant will be used to help BIIC make headway on some of the many projects worthy of pursuing. Some of the submitted project list include:
1) Funds for printing commuter cycling pamphlets (resources, safety info, etc) for the fall freshman orientation, and to be distributed as possible (based on cost and available funding).
2) Operating funds for the website, survey tools, and basic graphic design services/programs.
3) Signage for events, including students fairs, mobile advertising, and StarterBikes repair site.
4) Organizational business cards for representatives to distribute in professional settings.
5) Travel/registration funds for representatives to attend Georgia Bike Summit in the fall.
While the specifics of how and when we’ll pursue these projects haven’t been solidified yet, updates will be posted as they are available, so keep checking the website, facebook, and twitter.
Be sure to let us know what improvements you’d like to see, and how BIIC could better serve the cycling community, by using our contact button or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org